REINERTSEN's scope of work includes conceptual reviews, pre-engineering, detail engineering and monitoring during installation.
The Skarv field is located in approx 200 km west of Sandnessjøen, Norway. The field has an anticipated field life of 25 years, and the water depth in this area is about 350 m.
The selected concept consists of a turret-moored FPSO. The FPSO will be used as a hub processing the fluids produced from or injected into the subsea production and injection wells. The Skarv Reservoirs are accessed from drilling centers where wells and production manifold systems are grouped in templates. The production flows along either single or dual flowline systems. Export of production oil and condensate will be by shuttle tanker and gas export will be via a dedicated export pipeline to the Åsgard Transport System.
REINERTSEN has been involved in the SKARV project from conceptual reviews, pre-engineering, detail engineering and monitoring during installation.
The engineering scope of work includes the following issues:
- Routing and field layout
- Final material selection (linepipe and coatings) including follow-up of comprehensive test program to support flowline material selection
- Preparation of MTO's
- Pipline design including stability analysis
- DEH design including AC corrosion testing
- Cathodic Protection (CP) design
- Installation evaluations and laying analyses
- Perform bottom roughness analyses and fatigue assessment of pipeline free spans
- Evaluate requirements and methods for mitigation of free spans
- Expansion and trawling analyses based on ECA acceptance criteria
- Seabed preparation and intervention design (pre and post lay rock dumping of ARB's and infills)
- HES engineering and protection design
- Company support of contractor interfaces
- Company support during procurement evaluation and ranking
- Offshore supervision and onshore support during rock hump campaignes
REINERTSEN AS have prepared all necessary documentation to company regarding detail engineering of the Skarv development project pipelines and flowlines.