The scope consist of tie-in to the export gas, gas injection line, utility systems tie-in and installation, a riser balcony on G40, tie-in to gas injection riser, a new telescopic crane on column G40, modification of existing control system including a new subsea control unit, and utility modules.
The scope encompasses engineering, procurement, fabrication and offshore installation work. REINERTSEN was also assigned the lead interface coordinator role with responsibility for the coordination of the other contractors in the total project such as riser installation contractor and subsea equipment contractor.
The interfaces are towards the company’s other contractors on the project, such as:
- Platform operation activities.
- Maintenance and modification contractor.
- Subsea system contractor.
- Pipeline, riser and umbilical contractor.
For the Troll B project REINERTSEN used the web-based system Seaflex for interface coordination. The main interface work has been regarding balcony design and riser load action at balcony hang-off.
The main features for the topside modification for Troll GI project are:
- Working on a “hot” platform, the oil/gas production shall not be affected.
- Ensure the integrity of the platform systems.
- Close cooperation and interaction with company (platform) operation organization and other contractors reporting directly to company.